Cleaning Timber Floors Perth
- Timber floors are best swept with a soft broom. This removes grime that can scratch the finish on the wood’s surface.
- A microfiber cloth mop is great for getting rid of tiny particles on the floor, even when dry. The tiny fibres even remove bacteria and other health risks.
- Only vacuum if you have a soft bristle attachment for the vacuum device. Avoid using a vacuum if the wheels might scratch the floor.
- Use a damp mop on a regular basis. The mop should be wrung out so that it is only slightly damp. Use a diluted alkaline cleaner. Bicarb of Soda is one option. Some find hot tea works well. Mop in the direction of the grain.
- Buff with a terry cloth or soft towel (optional).
Always clean up spill immediately. Have a cloth on hand especially for the floor.
Laminate Timber Flooring Perth
- Always sweep with a soft broom to remove grit and debris.
- Mop with hot water. Use a microfiber mop that is only slightly damp.
- For a more extreme cleaning add some baby shampoo to the hot water.
- Many stubborn marks can be removed with a pencil eraser or magic eraser (melamine).
- Dilute vinegar can remove many stains. But be sure to clean the area with hot water straight afterward. Do not leave vinegar on the floor.
- Acetone will clean nail polish and hard stains. Immediately remove with hot water.
Bamboo Flooring Perth
- Use a fine fibre broom to sweep the floor and remove dirt.
- Mop with a microfiber mop. Use a cleaning solution of 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water.
- Only vacuum with a soft attachment. Use a pack pack vacuum rather than one drawn on wheels. This avoids scratching the bamboo floor.
- Do not use steam cleaning as this has been shown to cause warping.
- Furniture polishes and waxes are not suitable for Bamboo as they leave a slippery residue that is hard to remove.
All hard floors should be swept on a daily basis. Wet cleaning can be conducted once a week.